Wednesday, November 24, 2010

turkey eve

is there such a thing as thanksgiving eve? if there is, that's today.

and i'm at work though there are only a few people here today - which i actually prefer.

poor meghan didn't want me to leave this morning because the only people in her class were boys. and boys are gross. i know this to be true.

she was clinging to me for dear life and saying, "i just want you!"

she had to list all of the people that she loves to stall for time. "i love mama. i love daddy. i love my uncle eric. i love my dogs. you know my dogs, mama? it's yoda, daisy and stormie. i love my friends. guess how many mama...this many! remi, brooke, marley, maddox...and i love my pets..."

the list is long. and so is her stalling.

but i had to go at last because i was dropping off a big food donation from work that i organized to the food bank i chose.

let me tell you, there is no better way to start your day than by giving to others who need it. they were so grateful. and so am i.

i am grateful that i don't need to use a food bank and we can by whatever we want to eat. we can go out to eat. we can nourish our bodies with the best organic food out there. and it's not cheap.

so today, i am grateful for my morning...no matter how long it seems!

No comments:

Post a Comment