Friday, November 4, 2011

Full circle

I came back.
I didn't know if I was every going to see the light again after Yoda died.
I wondered if I would feel the same way about him that I did when I wrote my last post.
I do.
I miss him. Terribly.
I take comfort in knowing that he lived a phenomenal life. And he was so, so loved by so, so many.
But then there's me.
Without him, I felt lost. I know he was a dog, I'm aware of that. But he was part of my identity for so many years that without him by my side, I felt like my strength had been robbed of me.
In a way, Yoda continues to come to me.
He doesn't know it (or maybe he does) but his death was yet another lesson that he taught me.
I found who I was in his death. I found Buddhism. I found meditation. I found yoga. I found my peace that I've been looking for my whole life.
Without his death, I probably never would have gone looking but continued to be miserable.
And wouldn't you know, in typical Yoda fashion - he's with me all the time. All the time.
Meghan says that he's in the clouds, in heaven.
I just let her believe that because that's what gives her comfort and who am I to take that away from her?
But I don't believe that.
His spirit is with me. All the time.
I find it funny that he has come back in the form of a butterfly. You can judge and that's okay because I know this to be true.
I'm not even especially fond of butterflies, to be honest.
But whenever I'm having a bad day, or struggling with something especially hard - there is a butterfly. No matter the weather or where I am.
He comes to me in physical form when I have finished my yoga and I'm relishing the state of savasana. He is always there. I find myself smiling in savasana. It's like coming home.
But then he's gone again.
I know we'll me again.
And until then...I'll meet you in savasana Yodabear.
And all is zen.

No comments:

Post a Comment