Thursday, February 24, 2011

when i close my eyes

...i am laying on a lounge chair at the beach club at disney, holding a drink, running my fingers through the sand and listening to my girl laugh as she and daddy swim in the water. it's sunny and warm and my body feels good.

...i am in the grand floridian spa, right after a heavenly massage with citrus oil and enjoying the quiet hum of the whirlpool as the water swirls around me and envelopes me in heat. every muscle in me is jelly.

...i am sitting in the grass (barefoot of course) on a sunny day, listening to my girl shout to me, "watch this mama!" while she goes down the slide for the 10 millionth time.

...i am in my garden with yodi by my side, watching my every move while sunning himself. storm and daisy are on patrol. the earth feels cold on my fingers and smells heavenly fresh. i'm dirty and sweaty and hear the classic rock in the background while my girl runs through the sprinkler.

...i am in a lush forest, beneath a tree. calm, peace, meditation. nature around me and stillness, total quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment