Thursday, July 22, 2010

7.22.10

1. i am grateful for yoga at 5am. ahhhhhhhh. peace and movement. it doesn't get better than that.

2. i am grateful for my puppy girls, who insisted on following me to the living room at 5am to watch me do yoga. and by "watch", i mean snore on the couch while i do yoga. but if there's anything better than breathing with yoga, it's watching my girls smile while they sleep all curled up on the couch. i want to eat them up. my girls.

3. i am grateful for my girl this morning in the car, doing animal sounds and telling me that elephants (or efelants, as she calls them) smell like poop. thanks for sharing. then she tells me all the sounds that the letters make. she is so smart. my girl.

4. i am grateful for getting to surprise meghan today with a short trip to disney. or better yet, with a short trip to a hotel, which she seems to be more enamored by. imagine that. but they have phones to play with and call the front desk so how can a castle and princesses compare?!

5. i am grateful for today. i am grateful for change, even if it's scary. i am grateful that i get to be part of history and make that change. but for now, i'm just grateful for today. to wake up, to breathe through yoga poses, to move and feel no pain (ok, just a little), for getting to be so lucky that i can go to disney as much as i want. this is a good life.

and i plan on living it.

No comments:

Post a Comment