Wednesday, July 21, 2010

veggies and things

tomorrow marks two weeks since i have eaten meat.

i didn't know if i want to put it "out there" because i've been met with a lot of criticism and skeptism to say the least.

i don't know if this is forever.

do i consider myself a vegetarian? no. will i ever? maybe, if things pan out.

i saw a movie that changed my life and the way i eat two weeks ago. ever since then, i can't get enough on the subject. i've read (and finished!!) a big book about the industry, have another book ready to read and more in my cart on amazon as soon as i'm finished.

i want to know everything about the food industry and what we put into our bodies.

and while meat tastes good (for the rare times that i ate it anyway to be honest) - i can't stand behind the meat packing industry and give them my money or put their product into my body.

will this last? i don't know. i'm betting it does, but i'm not imposing any "rules" on myself.

all i know is that i'm done supporting the meat industry. fast food restaurants are a distant memory for me as well. meg hasn't even had a happy meal in two weeks. i refuse.

absolutely refuse.

is it hard sometimes? yep. that supreme pizza hut slice at work was calling my name but with meat on it, no way.

and i don't want to support pizza hut either.

every time we buy food or put it in our bodies, we vote for what we want to see from the food industry. well, my vote is in.

they can kiss my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment