Wednesday, August 11, 2010

8.11.10

this morning i worked out to a dvd.

the woman in the dvd annoys the shit out of me. i usually tune out what she has to say and just follow her steps.

and even though i've done this workout numerous times before, something she said this morning resonated with me.

"you have a long, positive life to live. be grateful for being able to move your body this way. god designed us to move - not to be sedentary creatures. you know, god is pretty smart."

okay, so besides the chirpyness (which i could do without at the butt crack of dawn) and the numerous references to god (which i think is wierd in a workout dvd) - she's right.

crazy-happy-chirpy-too smiley-fitness-lady is right.

what is the world coming to when i'm taking advice from this lady?

but - we aren't meant to be sedentary creatures. i hate (white hot, burning HATE) sitting at a desk all day. it kills me. physically, it makes me worse. it locks me up like you wouldn't believe.

and i just want to go outside and play.

sometimes i lay on the floor of my cube (not worthy of an office anymore) and watch the clouds roll by in the sky through my teeny, tiny almost non-existent window.

and i close my eyes and pretend i'm outside. fresh air, breathing in and listening to nature.

that's how i was meant to be.

but instead, i sit in this cage. yep. and for added measure, this "cube" actually resembles a cage. sometimes they let me out, but only when they want something.

so crazy gym lady is insane - but she's not in a cage. she must be doing something right.

even if i can't stand her.

No comments:

Post a Comment