Thursday, August 26, 2010

8.26.10

things i love today:

1. thirteen years since he and i started dating. that's just about half my life which is hard to wrap my brain around.

2. sleep. i just want to sleep.

3. my girl at swim lessons last night. she did so well. she jumped off the side and swam (swam!!!) to the alligator float in the middle of the pool. of course, she cried once she got there, but who am i to judge? she also got a ribbon for her swimming yesterday that she is so proud of. i want to put it in her keepsake box, but she insists on showing poppa first. i guess that works since he's babysitting her tomorrow night.

4. my leftovers from last night's dinner: orzo with eggplant, onion, zucchini, garlic, tomato, mushrooms, peppers and feta. no dressing or sauces needed. so good.

5. my girl actually eating what we were for dinner last night. this is a constant struggle in our (and everyone else with toddler) house. i refuse to serve her something different or let her exist on chicken nuggets. not going to happen. but last night, she ate the orzo. didn't touch the mahi mahi, but one out of two isn't bad.

6. my favorite part of yesterday: when i asked meghan what cows eat, she told me grass and ponies. which probably isn't that far from the truth these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment